Sciatica Physical Therapy
Sciatica Pain Treatment in Brooklyn, NY
If you suffer from lower back pain down to the leg, you may be experiencing sciatica. Sciatica physical therapy can help with that.
Sciatica relates to pain that emanates along the route of the sciatica nerve that diverges from the lower back down through the buttocks and hip and into the legs. Often the effects of sciatica are felt on just one side of the body. The most common occurrences of sciatica are from a herniated disk or bone spur compresses a portion of the nerve causing pain, inflammation and sometimes numbness in the leg.
What are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
The most prevalent sign of sciatica is when a person experiences pain pulsating from their lower back to their buttock and down their leg. Discomfort may be felt nearly anywhere along the pathway of the nerve. However, it’s most likely to pursue the path from the lower spine to buttock to the back of the calf and thigh.
Some individuals will also experience tingling, numbness or muscle weakness in the foot or leg affected. There may be numbness in one area of the leg and pain in another area.
Why Choose ALLCARE For Sciatica Physical Therapy Treatment?
At ALLCARE, we know how painful sciatica can be and that getting relief is the most important goal of anyone who has it. Our Physical Therapy expert and sciatica doctor in Brooklyn, NY, Dr. Ofir Isaac, PT, MS, DPT, can bring you relief.
After a thorough examination and evaluation, we will design a treatment plan personalized for you and your specific needs. Our physical therapy treatments will:
- Strengthen muscles
- Improve flexibility
- Increase range of motion
- Help initiate healing of the issues causing the nerve pain
- Relieve stress on the sciatica nerve
You will be treated by our sciatica physical therapist who is specifically trained in employing sciatica treatments like spinal decompression therapy and more. Dr. Ofir is experienced in the leading-edge pain relief technology which is not easily available at other PT clinics.
You can get direct access to a PT without requiring a physician’s referral.
Risk Factors for Sciatica
While sciatica pain can be felt by almost anyone, there are certain risk factors that can increase a person’s chances of experiencing this nerve pain. They include:
- Obesity. Increased stress on the spine through excess body weight can lead to spinal changes that may cause sciatica.
- Diabetes. Because this condition affects how your body uses blood sugar, there is more risk of nerve damage.
- Age. The most common causes of sciatica come from age-related adjustments in the spine, like bone spurs and herniated disks.
- Prolonged Sitting. Individuals who sit for extended amounts of time or who have an inactive lifestyle are at more risk of developing sciatica than individuals who are active.
- Occupation. Jobs where a person is having to drive a vehicle for long periods of time, carry heavy loads, or twist their backs could eventually lead to developing sciatica, although currently there is no conclusive evidence for this.
Call us and learn more about relieving sciatica pain with Sciatica Physical Therapy
Need an appointment? Fill in the form below.
Allcare Physical Therapy
1213 Avenue P, Brooklyn, NY
|Monday||8:30 AM–7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:30 AM–7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:30 AM–7:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:30 AM–7:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM–12:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:30 AM–1:30 PM|